Charter for Autonomy Status to the Phuenthsoling City Corporation is granted in pursuance to Part II , Subpart 1, Section 6, of the Bhutan Municipal Act 1999.
PCC is headed by the Thrompon who is elected by the general public of Phuentsholing.
Functions and Responsibilities of the Organisation
Phuentsholing City Corporation is oganized as a non-profit, municipal governance Corporation. The prinicipal functions and responsibilities of the Coporation are to:
- Provide such civic services as are essential for the general well being of the resident of Phuentsholing Municipality
- Ensure that development and other activities within the boundaries of Phuentsholing City Coporation occur in a planned and harmonious manner
- Support the Royal Government in the general maintenance of the municipality
- Carry on any activity consistent with the laws and policies of the Kingdom which may preserve and promote the environment within the limits of the City Corporation
- Protect and improve the city's environment, and in particular,control noise pollution,regulate parking,protect parks,trees and plantations and
- Perform any other functions that the Royal Government may assign from time to time