Development Control Division
The Development Control Division’s main objective is to provide the public a speedy, efficient and time bound disposal of services in a transparent manner. The mandates and functions of this Division are as follow:
- Implementation of Urban Development Plan, Development Control Regulation, Bhutan Building Rule-2002, Bhutan Building Codes, Relevant Codes framed by the Government, and Traditional Architecture Guideline. .
- Issuance of Building Permits/Sanctioning of Building plans.
- Issuance of Building Occupancy Certificate.
- Issuance of building demolition permit.
- Issuance of clearance for power supply within the municipal area.
- verification for issuance of trade license.
- Promotion of planned development in conformity with appropriate land use, control of squatter and illegal settlements/encroachment of Government land within municipal area.
- Any other site visits for complaint investigation and enforcement activities for development/constructions
- Handling of queries and conflicts relating to Building Constructions and other Development within the Urban Area.