This division is headed by Chief Urban Planner. There are three sections under this division as mentioned below;
1. Urban Planning Section: Its mandates are as listed below;
- Preparation of Master Plan & Local Area Plan in close co-ordination with Urban Planning & Development Division, a centre agency, under the Department of Urban Development & Engineering Services, Ministry of Works & Human Settlement.
- Preparation of Development Control Regulations.
- Identification of Areas suitable for habitation.
- Carry out Terrain Analysis of the area.
- Preparation of Urban Design Guidelines
- Planning designing of left over spaces.