Engineering Division, under PCC is headed by an Executive Engineer. Division is manned by Assistant and Junior Engineers. (for detail refer organo-gram of PCC). Like any other division, Engineering Division functions directly under the supervision of Thrompon and the AFD of PCC. Basically, engineering division, in coordination with other divisions, prepare plans for infrastructure development; propose the budget for the activities to be implemented during the five year plan period and annual plan. Co-ordinate and implement activities under the projects such as ADB, DANIDA, etc. as deem appropriate.
The broad mandates of the division are as follows:
1. Prepare infrastructures plan for five year and annual plan period
for the city.
2. Prepare annual and plan budget for the infrastructure development.
3. Planning of infrastructures include drains, roads, parking
4. spaces, foot paths, street lights, river training and river bank protection works, motor able bridges etc. Plan and identify projects for donors’ assistance.
5. Plan and prepare project proposals, profiles, costings, etc. and submit to the government for approval- (presently ADB Project BHU 2258, worth 2.64m USD is in progress, DPR on Amo-Chu Flood
6. Mitigation Project is completed through DANIDA Funding).
7. Implementation of the infrastructures in the city.
8. Co-ordinate and liaise with parent Ministry, inter division and other relevant agencies for efficient functioning.
9. Attend any ad-hoc, emergency and unplanned assignments as and when necessary.